Now with hookers and beer!

forum improvement

Started by cc, Jul 10, 2023, 11:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cc

commodorian made this its own board which i feel is unnecessary. here was the original description

"What should we add to the forum? Suggest things here!"

just post them in this thread

current todo list:
  • fixing the emotes and adding the ones from the discord server + others. edit: currently in the process of adding emotes
  • adding more boards, not sure what currently
  • add spoiler tags
  • making usergroups and personal text show up next to avatars in threads

First

cc

there was a bug where regular members could not give themselves custom titles, it is now fixed

To clarify:

"Personal text" only shows up in your profile

"Custom title" will appear under your name in threads

commodorian

:2ndcock:

emotes work now
deez nuts : )
goat ham

cc

here take the power of my 2nd cock

i'll add more later today or tomorrow

commodorian

search is borked right now. looking into it.
goat ham

commodorian

goat ham

ogmehrio

am i supposed to access the admin board? cause I did
how the fuck do I use this

commodorian

Quote from: ogmehrio on Jul 10, 2023, 02:56 PMam i supposed to access the admin board? cause I did

no lmao
goat ham

cc

Quote from: ogmehrio on Jul 10, 2023, 02:56 PMam i supposed to access the admin board? cause I did

should be fixed

Quote from: commodorian on Jul 10, 2023, 02:57 PM

no lmao

regular members had permission to edit smilies for some reason, thankfully they couldn't access anything else

SoggyStuff

maybe there could be an introductions subforum for new people to introduce themselves in if you plan on making this a long term thing
or general thread for saying hi in

make it better for people on mobile

commodorian

Quote from: mackback319 on Jul 10, 2023, 03:49 PMmake it better for people on mobile
:2ndcock:
mobile user spotted >:(
goat ham

commodorian

in all seriousness though the mobile interface is fine. it gets the job done :)
goat ham

cc

Quote from: commodorian on Jul 10, 2023, 04:08 PMin all seriousness though the mobile interface is fine. it gets the job done :)
the only thing it's missing imo is the avatars

Quote from: SoggyStuff on Jul 10, 2023, 03:32 PMmaybe there could be an introductions subforum for new people to introduce themselves in if you plan on making this a long term thing
or general thread for saying hi in
i made you an admin so go ahead

cc

ogmehrio

how the fuck do I use this

cc

for some reason non-admins weren't able to Like posts but i think @SoggyStuff fixed it

qexk

these icons don't work
..As long as I'm
aware of the gate,
i am able to see it..

commodorian

Quote from: qexk on Jul 12, 2023, 06:55 PM

these icons don't work

Dunno looks like they work to me. What about them doesn't work. You gotta be more specific. They are very visible, if that's the problem.

Spoiler
btw you can do spoilers now
goat ham

qexk

I forgor to write half the message... I had unread topics in General yesterday and the icon was still the "No New Posts" one.
But today it works correctly so the issue was on my side I guess, sorry
..As long as I'm
aware of the gate,
i am able to see it..

commodorian

Quote from: qexk on Jul 13, 2023, 06:11 AMI forgor to write half the message... I had unread topics in General yesterday and the icon was still the "No New Posts" one.
But today it works correctly so the issue was on my side I guess, sorry
Don't apologize man, shit happens. I just really get peeved when someone puts in a support deal and supplies as little info as possible.

Anyway, don't you guys think some of these emotes are too big

:speach:
goat ham

cc

yeah it doesn't need to be that big but it should be big enough for the text to be readable

stuff like :interesting: can be as small as the classic forum smilies/something awful ones

cc

Quote from: cc on Jul 10, 2023, 01:01 PMthere was a bug where regular members could not give themselves custom titles, it is now fixed

To clarify:

"Personal text" only shows up in your profile

"Custom title" will appear under your name in threads

update: personal text now appears in threads