Cardboard / Investing Thread

Started by commodorian, Dec 06, 2023, 02:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

commodorian

Hi Gamers.

Been a minute since I've posted, been busy with real life stuff and managing the regular website. Wanted to start a thread to share my interest in TCG/CCG investing, as well as make a space for general investing talk. I would like to state upfront that any advice you see on this thread is for entertainment purposes. Go to a licensed professional and not internet people for financial advice.

Anyway, here's my cardboard cabinet. I've got around $4,000 worth of cards here, more on the way (as always).

You can see most of my heavy bags is in Pokemon, but there are 8 boxes of Metazoo and one of Flesh and Blood. I'm looking forward to a bright future for these little things.

High Shovel!
deez nuts : )
goat ham

commodorian

UPDATE!

Yesterday I got a case of One Piece: Awakening of the New Era (OP-05) for a cost basis of about 100 bucks a box. If you look on tcgplayer, you'll see that is a very good position to be in.

Stay tuned!

:daaang:
goat ham

commodorian

goat ham

The REAL TRUE StarOnion

IMPERSONATORS WILL SUFFER CONSEQUENCES

commodorian

Quote from: The REAL TRUE StarOnion on Feb 27, 2024, 09:07 PMIs that cabinet fire-proof?
No. Working on getting a proper safe. Don't wanna cheap out though, and current housing is a little flimsy in the long-term. There is a place where my family's gonna be putting foundation for a building soon, will probably bolt it to the floor there. ~1-2 years out.
goat ham